WorkKeys provides a reliable way to measure skill levels and determine how those skills correspond to the levels required for a specific job. WorkKeys helps identify those who have the basic skills required to be successful on the job using three components:
- Job Profiling – Helps employers identify the levels of skills current and prospective employees need to be successful on the job.
- Assessments – Give reliable information about workplace skill levels. Combined with information about skill levels required for specific jobs, assessment information can enable users to make better hiring and promotion choices.
- Remediation – Computer-based training using PLATO increase required skill levels.
Available through your workforce center as a value-added service, WorkKeys focuses on the following skills in the eight criterion-referenced assessments:
- Communication Skills: Listening, Ready for Information, Writing, Business Writing.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Locating Information, Observation.
- Interpersonal Skills: Teamwork